Various Artists - From the Kitchen Archives No. 4: Composers Inside Electronics album download
The fourth entry in Orange Mountain Music's excellent series From the Kitchen Archives is Composers Inside Electronics, a retrospective disc devoted to a loose confederation of electronic composers under that rubric who, in the 1970s, orbited around avant-garde legend David Tudor. Tudor is best known as an expert interpreter of new music and is commonly viewed as a kind of subordinate to John Cage One of the challenges in compiling a collection such as Composers Inside Electronics is that the audio compact disc can only provide one aspect - the recorded sound - of performances that also often involved sculpture, dance, and video.
Track 1 recorded September 22, 1978; new construction from live recording 2007. Tracks 2 and 3 recorded January 7, 1977. Tracks 4 and 5 recorded January 8, 1977.
CDs: 2 Tracks: 19 Length: 2:08:52. The Kitchen Contemporary Ensemble. Do You Be, for 10 voices, 2 pianos, synth, violin and bagpipes Work. 2. Do You Be, for 10 voices, 2 pianos, synth, violin and bagpipes.
Wade Guyton Kunsthalle Zürich. The Kitchen is one of New York City’s most forward-thinking nonprofit spaces, showing innovative work by emerging and established artists across disciplines. Our programs range from dance, music, performance, and theater, to video, film, and art, in addition to literary events, artists’ talks, and lecture series.
From the Kitchen Archives No. 4, the latest release in a historical series on Philip Glass’s Orange Mountain label, presents pieces by five of the group’s members, taped live in 1977 and 1978. Tudor is represented by Pulsers, a gleefully chattering rhythm study with a lyrical incursion by Takehisa Kosugi’s violin. And Martin Kalve’s Earthing imagines a landscape by turns placid and seismic, teeming with strange fauna. Composers Inside Electronics present Rainforest IV at The Kitchen Sat 22 and Sun 23. From the Kitchen Archives No. 4 (Orange Mountain Music).
COLL Various Artists. Pianos in The Kitchen brings together select concert recordings of solo piano works performed at The Kitchen from 1976 through 1983, including works from the 1976 Bösendorfer Festival and the 1983 series of benefit concerts that supported the purchase of a new Steinway Baby Grand piano for the institution. EAC extraction logfile from 6. September 2011, 20:52. From the Kitchen Archives N., Pianos in The Kitchen. Used drive : Optiarc DVD RW AD-7203A Adapter: 4 ID: 1.
|1||Earthing, for electronics Martin Kalve||15:41|
|2||Listening Out Loud, for electronics John Driscoll||12:51|
|3||Pulsers David Tudor||22:03|
|4||Gong, for amplified gong & electronics Bill Viola||10:28|
|5||Shrieks and Nuptials, for electronics||10:06|
- John Cage / Merce Cunningham Dance Company / Gordon Mumma / David Tudor - John Cage: Variations V album mp3 flac
- Various Artists - Imaginary Landscapes: New Electronic Music album mp3 flac
- Nashville Film Composers - Nashville Film Composers album mp3 flac
- David Tudor - Tudor: Neural Syntheses, Nos. 6-9 album mp3 flac
- David Tudor - John Cage: Music of Changes album mp3 flac
- Various Artists - Musicworks #73 album mp3 flac
- Justin Saragoza - Sonare: Work No. 84 - Electronic Music album mp3 flac
- David Tudor - Three Works for Live Electronics: Pulsers/Untitled /Phonemes album mp3 flac
- Karlheinz Stockhausen - Klavierstucke (Piano Pieces)/David Tudor, Piano album mp3 flac
- John Cage / David Tudor - John Cage: Variations IV, Vol. 2 album mp3 flac