Sam Rivers - Live album download
Sam Rivers - Live In Warsaw (2000). Songs in album Sam Rivers - Live In Warsaw (2000).
Sam Rivers - Live In Lovere (1977). Songs in album Sam Rivers - Live In Lovere (1977).
It is a pity that Rivers chose to feature his main ax so sparingly, for this piece would have been much stronger if he had played tenor for 35 minutes rather than just five. The latter part of the CD is from a Norway concert on August 3, 1973 ("Suite for Molde"), with Arild Andersen taking McBee's place. Rivers plays soprano and flute for eight minutes and then tenor for 11 minutes; the latter section is the strongest of the entire disc
Tracks A-C2 recorded live on November 10, 1973 at the Battel Chapel, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut. C3 recorded live on July 6, 1973 at The Montreux Jazz Festival, Montreux, Switzerland. C4, C5 recorded live on October 27, 1972 at Oakland University, Rochester, Michigan. Side D recorded live on August 3, 1973, at the Molde Jazz Festival, Molde, Norway. Side B is released in its entity here for the first time. Issued in gatefold sleeve.
1. Hues of Melanin (Soprano Saxophone, Flute and Vocal Sections) 34:08 2. Hues of Melanin (Ivory Black - The Piano Section) 4:12 3. Hues of Melanin (Violet - The Tenor Saxophone Section) 5:39 4. Suite for Molde - Part One (Onyx & Topaz - The Soprano Saxophone and Flute Sections) 8:01 5. Suite for Molde - Part Two (The Tenor Saxophone Section) 11:16. Sam Rivers is going on 80, and is finally getting some long overdue public recognition for what his fellow musicians have always known - he is a master of his craft. These trio recordings from 1973 are Rivers at his finest, as he moves from tenor to soprano sax, piano, and wordless vocals.
Overview (current section). Samuel Carthorne Rivers (September 25, 1923 – December 26, 2011), was an American jazz musician and composer. He performed on soprano and tenor saxophones, bass clarinet, flute, harmonica and piano. Rivers was born in Enid, Oklahoma. Active in jazz since the early 1950s, he earned wider attention during the mid-1960s spread of free jazz. With a thorough command of music theory, orchestration and composition, Rivers was an influential and prominent artist in jazz music.
|1||Hues of Melanin Sam Rivers||Sam Rivers||34:08|
|2||Hues of Melanin: Ivory Black Sam Rivers||Sam Rivers||4:12|
|3||Hues of Melanin: Violet Sam Rivers||Sam Rivers||5:39|
|4||Suite for Molde, Pt. 1: Onyx/Topaz Sam Rivers||Sam Rivers||8:01|
|5||Suite for Molde, Pt. 2 Sam Rivers||Sam Rivers||11:15|
- Three Rivers Crossing - Three Rivers Crossing album mp3 flac
- Lambert & Rivers - Take One album mp3 flac
- Sam Rivers - Paragon album mp3 flac
- Sam Rivers - Firestorm album mp3 flac
- Dan Rivers - Louisiana Sky album mp3 flac
- Deep Rivers - Deep Rivers album mp3 flac
- Sean Rivers - 2 A.M. album mp3 flac
- Bobby Rivers - Where Did the Time Go album mp3 flac
- Cecil Taylor - The Great Concert of Cecil Taylor album mp3 flac
- 3 Rivers Alice - Midnight Trees album mp3 flac