Lisa della Casa - R. Strauss: Four Last Songs; Arias and Scenes from Arabella, Capriccio and Ariadne auf Naxos album download
The four last songs of Strauss which start this CD are just magical and in my view are better than the recording by Sena Jurinac. The disc is devoted to Richard Strauss in whose music this singer was justly famous and she demonstrates her superlative singing on every selection. My particular favourites are from Arabella. Leaving that aside, it is refreshing to hear these songs sung so straightforwardly; the angelic radiance of her tone, the broad, arcing phrasing on a long breath and the refusal to swoon create spirituality without a trace of sentimentality.
Es Gibt Ein Reich ("Ariadne Auf Naxos," Op. 60). Conductor – Heinrich HollreiserLibretto By – Hugo von a – Wiener Philharmoniker. A2. Wo Ist Mein Bruder (Closing Scene - "Capriccio" Op. 85). Bass Vocals – Franz BierbachConductor – Heinrich HollreiserLibretto By – Clemens KraussOrchestra – Wiener Philharmoniker. Strauss - Lisa Della Casa - Quatre Derniers Lieder- Ariadne Auf Naxos & Capricco (Extraits) (LP, Mono).
Strauss - Four Last Songs. 20 January 2012 - 4:29pm. Submitted by root admin. A great Strauss soprano in iconic moments from the repertoire, including her entrancing 1953 version of Four Last Songs and highlights from her signature role, Arabella, caught in variable sound. This album makes a seemingly effortless case for the music of these composers'.
Lisa Della Casa, Hilde Gueden, Paul Schoeffler, Alfred Poell, Franz Bierbach, Heinrich Hollreiser, Rudolf Moralt, Karl Bohm. Strauss, R: Ariadne auf Naxos: "Es Gibt ein Reich". Wiener Philharmoniker.
Strauss: Four Last Songs, Arabella, Ariadne auf Naxos, Capriccio Richard Strauss (Composer), Heinrich Hollreiser (Conductor), Karl Böhm (Conductor), Rudolf Moralt (Conductor), Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra (Orchestra), Lisa della Casa (Performer), Alfred Poell (Performer), Franz Bierbach (Performer), Hilde Gueden (Performer), Paul Schoeffler (Performer). Please enjoy and seed
Ariadne auf Naxos (Ariadne on Naxos), Op. 60, is an opera by Richard Strauss with a German libretto by Hugo von Hofmannsthal. Combining slapstick comedy and consummately beautiful music, the opera's theme is the competition between high and low art for the public's attention. The opera was originally conceived as a 30-minute divertissement to be performed at the end of Hofmannsthal's adaptation of Molière's play Le Bourgeois gentilhomme
Richard STRAUSS (1864-1949) Four Last Songs Excerpts from: Arabella, Ariadne auf Naxos and Capriccio Lisa Della Casa, Vienna Philharmonic Karl Böhm DECCA Legends 467 118-2 Crotchet. Lisa della Casa born near Bern in 1919. In her heyday she sang with the most radiant tone and beautiful musicianly phrasing. Initially, she concentrated on lyric soprano roles (Gilda, Pamina, Sophie). Then, gradually, she extended her repertoire to include spinto roles but she was always careful never to strain the voice. In the Four Last Songs recorded here della Casa is accompanied by that celebrated Strauss interpreter, Karl Böhm. Beim Schlafengehen' (Time to Sleep); 'September'; 'Frühling' (Spring); and 'Im Abendrot'.
- Lisa della Casa - Richard Strauss Songs album mp3 flac
- JoAnn Falletta / Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra - Richard Strauss: Ariadne auf Naxos (Symphony-Suite); Le Bourgeois Gentilhomme - Suite album mp3 flac
- Rudolf Kempe - Strauss: Ariadne auf Naxos album mp3 flac
- Lisa della Casa / Anneliese Rothenberger - Richard Strauss: Der Rosenkavalier; Arabella (Scenes) album mp3 flac
- Thomas Beecham - Strauss: Ariadne auf Naxos album mp3 flac
- Ariadne Auf Naxos album mp3 flac
- Julia Varady - Richard Strauss: Salome; Ariadne auf Naxos; Die Liebe der Damae; Capriccio album mp3 flac
- Lisa della Casa - Lieder & Arias album mp3 flac
- Haydn: Symphony No.43/Cantata, "Ariadne auf Naxos"/Aria "L'anima Del Filosofo"/Scena Di Berenice/Recitative and /Aria album mp3 flac
- Scenes & Arias for Mezzo-Soprano album mp3 flac